2021-2022 School Year
Application for Student Transfer
1. Transfers are granted on a one-year (school year) basis.
2. No bus transportation is provided when you transfer to a school outside of your home school attendance area.
3. If the student-teacher ratio allowable by WV Code is exceeded, transfer students must return to their respective schools.
4. Transfer students must observe school rules and regulations and attend school regularly; refusal to do so may result in having their transfer status rescinded.
5. An out-of-county transfer requires proof of release from the student's home county BOE and copies of the following: grades, attendance history and discipline records. (Please mail required documentation to: Superintendent of Mineral County School District, 36 Baker Place, Keyser, WV 26726. Mineral County BOE must approve entrance into Mineral County Schools. If Mineral County BOE approves, there is no guarantee of placement into the school requested.
6. Transfer students are subject to the rules and regulations of the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission.
7. This form is not applicable for Pre-K students. NOTE: this is in the P-Steps application.
8. Transfer requests may be submitted between January 1st through June 30th prior to the fall school year.
9. Notifications of approvals and denials will be sent after AUGUST 10th.
10. All final notifications will be made electronically.